Skin care masks are everywhere these days it seems, wouldn’t you agree? They’re in the check out line, the beauty aisles, and even vending machines! With so many choices available, it’s hard to know what to choose because not all masks are made for all skin types. So, I put together some tips that you can use when you’re trying to make the decision that’s best for you and your skin.
Tips for Choosing a Skin Care Mask
There are a lot of distractions when it comes to choosing a mask to suit your needs. Between the flashy packaging, models with beautiful skin, and the lastest trendy words, it’s overwhelming. That’s why I’m going to break it down for you to make it easy for you to choose.
- Use a mask that is naturally based. This is more of a personal preference, but one that I recommend. That way you know it’s safe for your skin because it doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals that may cause irritation.
- Consider your skin type – oily, dry, normal, or combination?
- You don’t have to use the mask all over your face. Yep, that’s right! This means you may use more than one at a time to treat various skin concerns. For example, I use an oil control mask in my T-Zone and a detoxifying mask everywhere else. Then, one to two times a week, I use an exfoliating mask all over my face. This way I am getting the care I need, where I need it.
- An oil control mask delivers healthier-looking skin with less oil, smaller-looking pores, diminished appearance of redness, and fewer imperfections. And the particular one I use has a patented blend that helps reduce oil and mattify your skin, so all you’re left with is brighter, healthier-looking, clean skin that’s totally under control.
- A detoxifying mask will help to detoxify your skin. The mask I prefer to use for this actually absorbs toxins and impurities while reintroducing oxygen to my skin with a foaming, tingling sensation. It feels like soda fizz on my face! Then, the gentle exfoliating properties remove dead skin cells, and tree oils and vitamins help nourish and condition my skin making it feel so soft!
- Lastly, an exfoliating mask minimizes dullness and turns up the radiance. These masks are designed to cleanse impurities that dampen your glow. Typically, after a few uses, you’ll notice your skin looks brighter, renewed, and more radiant because you’ve removed many of the dead skin cells that kept it looking dull. A bonus to this type of mask is that by using it before other skin care treatments, it can help your skin better absorb the other treatment (no more dead skin cells blocking the way).
- Also, using an applicator to apply the mask will make it easier for you while helping to keep bacteria out of the jar/container which helps keep your skin free of irritations. If you don’t have an applicator, make sure you wash your hands immediately before applying the mask.
Was that helpful? If yes, I would greatly appreciate if you commented. Also, please feel free to send it to anyone who might benefit simply by clicking the social media icons below. P.S. – For more beauty tips, download my free E-Book, The 8 Most Common Makeup Mistakes (that may be making you look older) and How You Can Fix Them, here.
Thanks for stopping by!
Text me at (309) 645-2981
Email me at email@example.com
Facebook: Julie Oliverius Online
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: Julie Oliverius