Fall 2017 has a few new makeup trends that I am totally digging this year! From eyes, to cheeks, to lips, I’ve got you covered! Let’s take a look!
9 Must-Try Fall Trends 2017
- Wishbone Eyeliner – This look is a take on the classic winged eyeliner (aka – cat eye). For the classic look, you line your entire upper lid and bring it out to a wing. For the wishbone look, you apply eyeliner on the outer 3/4 of the upper and lower lid, where they meet with a subtle wing. Try it with several different colors for a way to really switch up your look!
- Metallic Eyes – This fun look uses a metallic eye shadow color all over the eyelid, and again on the lower lash line. To make it even more dramatic, add a metallic color to the crease, as opposed to your typical matte shade. Smudge in a little black eyeliner to the lower lash line (on top of the metallic shade). Next, blend it for a mysterious, sexy glow.
- Bronzer as Blush – I love this tip because not only is it a great way to change up your blush color to get a warm glow, it gives you a modern flair. Plus, you can get more than one use out of your bronzer, which saves you money. Just be sure to use a matte shade, and not a shimmer.
- Rosy Cheeks – But, if you want to pull off the “I just came in from the freezing cold, but my cheek color looks awesome” look, add a touch of extra blush in the same shade as your “cold cheeks” shade. This will give you that look without standing out in the cold. This may mean that you go with a lighter pink shade than the typical deep-mauve many wear for Fall.
- Bold Lips and Cheeks – For a simple look that is quick and easy to pull off, try pairing a bold lip color of your choice with a more pronounced blush look. By keeping your eye makeup light (as in maybe only mascara with a neutral eye shadow), this look goes a long way in helping you look put together in a hurry.
- Mauve All Over – Shades of mauve are the perfect transition from warm, summer shades to cooler, winter shades because it feels more dramatic without getting into the deep Fall shades. Plus, mauve looks great on so many different types of skin tones. Try using mauve shades on your eyelids, cheeks, and lips for an all-over mauve look that is sure to please.
Soft, Highlighted Skin – More and more, I find people moving away from contouring (perhaps to save time?), but continuing to highlight. I totally do the same thing! For me, it’s to save time and because I like the way highlighting looks. Adding a soft highlight (one to two shades lighter than your foundation), will still help create dimension. And, it will emphasize the points of your face where the light hits. Try going with a matte finish for Fall, as opposed to the summer shimmer.
- Two Tone Shadow – This just might be my favorite Fall trend this year for a more dramatic look. Simply add a colorful eye shadow shade (such as a copper) all over your upper lid. Then use a smokey black eye shadow on your lower lid to create a sexy, modern look. The best part is that you can use any combination of colors for this look.
- Brown Lipstick – Yep, that’s right, brown lipstick is back! Any shade of brown will do, but for the most trendy look, choose a chestnut brown with slight red undertones that isn’t too dark.
Was that helpful? If yes, I would greatly appreciate if you commented. Also, please feel free to send it to anyone who might benefit simply by clicking the social media icons below. P.S. – For more beauty tips, download my free E-Book, The 8 Most Common Makeup Mistakes and How You Can Fix Them, here.
Thanks for stopping by!
Text me at (309) 645-2981
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: Julie Oliverius Online
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: Julie Oliverius